It’s COLD outside.
The cold can wreak havoc on your home. These money saving tips will not only keep things running smoothly during the cold winter months but they can pay for themselves – and then some.
8 Winter Tips that = Cost Savings.
1. By turning your thermostat back 10º-15º for eight hours every day you could save up to 15% a year on your heating bill.
2. Switching your ceiling fan to run CLOCKWISE at a low speed in the winter months will help distribute the heat in your home more efficiently.
3. Turn your water heater down to a normal setting (most households usually only require them to be set at 120ºF) which might help you save more money on your heating bill.
4. Sealing your windows or replacing them if needed can help prevent the cold air from coming indoors and reduce your energy bill by up to 25%.
5. The attic is one of the largest sources for potential heat loss. Make sure to properly insulate your attic can help you reduce your heating bill significantly.
6. Gutters are important, even if they are located outside. Make sure your gutters are free of debris to help prevent leaks caused by ice and gutter back-ups.
7. Protect your pipes by making sure to turn off the water supply to your outside faucet, if you haven’t done it already.
8. Add an insulated gasket (can buy here) to your wall outlets and switches to help stop drafts from behind your electrical boxes.